Monday, September 9, 2013

Weekly Layout

Hello Monday!

I have just one layout to share this week (although I did get a lot of pictures printed and put into TWO project life books over the weekend!).  I still have so many projects going on...

This is the current sketch @ Let's Scrap:
And, here is my take on it:
This is just one of several LO's I will preserve from watching the ball drop in New York City this past New Years Eve.  It was such a big event for me.  It will take many pages to give it the proper prominence and emphasis in the 'ole scrapbook!

Most of the pictures are iphone pics so they are a bit grainy.  And, with the confetti floating in the air, it was hard to get a good shot.  I have to just say to myself, THESE PHOTOS ARE GOOD ENOUGH! 

Here's a closer look at some of the detail:
I really wanted this LO to mimic the Nivea blue of our hats and the lively lights of Times  Square.  After all, the company throws lip balm to the crowd along with those famous hats! 
 
I don't know if you can tell, how shimmery the LO really is:
  • The self-made title is cut using the Silhouette Cameo from blue glitter paper. 
  • The bling comes in sheets and is sewn/woven together somehow.  I simply cut it into strips and adhered it with glue dots.
  • The top two patterned papers are from the American Crafts Margarita line (loved that one!).  The white paper has a raised chevron print and the blue triangles are glittered as well.
  • The street signs were made & printed from this website. I use it all the time!
Well, I feel a bit better about that trip.  At least two of the pages are done...

No comments:

Post a Comment