Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Eggnog Pancakes

I've never really traveled over the holidays.  I've never left my house in such Christmas disarray only to come home to the same mess we left.  We even missed our trash pick up day.  I've been looking at crumpled-up shredded-to-bits Christmas wrapping paper for two weeks!

The cookies were left on the counter.  The leftovers were left in the fridge.  We tried our best to eat 'em up, but so much went to waste.  The one thing I hate to waste is eggnog, or as we call it:  'nog.  It only comes around during the holidays and I love it.  I love it over ice with Amaretto (or Rum) and sprinkled with nutmeg.  I also love it in my coffee.


I had torn this recipe out of a magazine awhile back.  I can't remember which one, but I was determined to make these pancakes and use up all the remaining 'nog.  So this past Sunday, we tried 'em. 

oh
my
gosh!

they are to die for!  Assuming, of course, you are a 'nog lover like me.

Here's the recipe:

2 C Flour
1 T Baking Powder
1/2 t salt
1/4 t ground nutmeg
2 lightly beaten eggs
2 C eggnog
1/4 C oil

Whisk together the dry ingredients in a bowl.  Add the remaining liquid ingredients.  Mix well.  Drop by ladle on a hot griddle.  Cook 1-2 minutes per side or until golden brown.  That's it!  Super simple.

I did not have quite 2 cups of 'nog left.  I added skim milk to measure the 2 cups of eggnog. 

Oh, and by the way...my 'nog was the light version...so I'm sure I saved tons of calories & fat (yeah, right).

No comments:

Post a Comment