Wednesday, January 23, 2013

1-23 Sketch @ Let's Scrap!

Once again, I'm honored to have one of my original layout designs published today @ Let's Scrap.  Do you remember the sketch contest? My very first attempts at scrapbook layout design not only produced a winner, I had several "non-winners" losers, and this is the second runner up.  (Pssst...there might be some more coming over the next few months.)


I created this sketch based on an older layout I did about a magical White Christmas morn not too long ago. 
Can't believe I'm sharing these photos.
Gosh, I'm a beauty on Christmas morn!
I wanted the focus of the layout to be the date, but equally as important is the White Christmas subtitle.  Even though we live in Colorado, it is very rare that we wake up to a Christmas snow storm and truly one of the most memorable of Christmas mornings past.

Technical notes:
  • Paper & chipboard embellishments:  Little Yellow Bicycle
  • Snowflake diecut paper: KI Memories
  • White Shimmer Alpha:  Making Memories
  • Cardstock:  Creative Memories White & American Crafts Red
  • Title cut with the Cricut
Some close-up detail:

I hope you can see how awesome the glitter is on all of the white accent pieces, alphas, and embellishments.  It's frosty!

Thanks again to Let's Scrap for publishing my layout!

No comments:

Post a Comment