Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Let's Scrap

Several things happening at Let's Scrap that I'd like to share with you:

1.  Card sketch for today:

And, here's the card I made:

The sketch just says "hello...I'm a camera" to me so that's what I made!  I was thinking that the sentiment could be just about anything using a camera as the main embellishment.  'Cause let's face it, we use a camera for just about everything these days...good or bad.

The chevron background paper is from My Mind's Eye.  The rest of the card is simply "paper piecing" of a camera design loosely based on the instagram logo.  I added a round brad (hugz) and a printed sentiment to the center.  I also glued some twine around the hugz.  Easy peasy.

2.  I've just come home from a three-day retreat in the beautiful Rocky Mountains.  Finished 44 pages, a furbaby book for Gracie, and almost finished a digital book.  Very productive.  Love, love retreats.  I feel like I really can get away and get absorbed into this hobby I love so much.  I have such a sense of accomplishment after a retreat.  Fourty-four finished layouts means I've met the LOAD challenge...see that icon to the right?  Up to 48!  Wonder how many more I can get in before the 31st?

3.  Remember the sketch contest I won?  My sketch will be featured on Wednesday, November 14.  Can't wait for the big reveal.  Can't wait to see what 4,100+ members can do with my design.  Stoked!
Wait!  There's more news!  Even bigger news.  I submitted five sketch designs for that contest -- loved designing so much that the ideas just kept coming.  Turns out...the fine ladies @ Let's Scrap want them ALL!!  You will see the rest of my designs appearing over the next term @ Let's Scrap!  The new term (and a new Design Team...for which I am very sad) starts in December and will run through the end of March.  Of course, all of my sketches will also be featured concurrently here on the blog.  Whew!!  Who knew that my very first attempts at sketch design would be so fruitful! 

I may just keep on going and going and going... 

2 comments:

  1. Your camera is delightful! I love a rainbow, anywhere any time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea for a card! It's really fun and colorful. :) Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today for the LYB/Xyron hop. It's always nice to see a new name. :)

    ReplyDelete