Wednesday, October 3, 2012

10-3-12 Sketch

Good Wednesday morning  scrappers!

Here is today's sketch @ Let's Scrap:


And, here is my take on it:


This layout is all about our adorable Mini Goldendoodle, Gracie.  Yup.  Center Stage.  She may love water, but she doesn't love getting IN the water!  To refresh your memory, I previously blogged about our "day at the pool" here

I fell in love with Little Yellow Bicycle's (LYB) Splash line that came out this summer.  I had to have it.  All of it.  I hope you can see the clear water drops and splashes that are embossed/printed on the paper. 

This particular sketch calls for 2.5" square photos. 19 of them!!  I did not want to print so many 4" x 6" photos and then crop the crap out of them!  I downloaded a free photo manipulator called Photosheet (it is a huge time saver to print smaller photos without losing any of the detail).  I used the 2.5" x 3.5" wallet size option, saved the photos (two up on a 4" x 6") and uploaded them to Costco for a whopping $1.98!  So much easier!

Oprah says, "love is in the details." I hope you can see the clear water drops and splashes that are embossed/printed on the paper and the shimmering sparkle of the Gelly Roll pen (they come in many colors!).



Here are the "technical" notes for the layout:
  • Paper & embellishments:  LYB Splash
  • Paper clouds:  cut with QuicKutz cloud shape
  • Stitching:  Blue Star Gelly Roll Pen and Paper Pizazz Easy Stitches template
  • Paper inking (for edge distressing & paw prints):  CTMH Outdoor Denim & Citrus Leaf
  • Bark-n-Splash logo downloaded from the internet, printed on my computer, and inked
  • White Textured Cardstock:  Bazzill
  • Journaling is computer generated, printed on LYB coordinating 6x6 paper pads (perfect use for this size!), and mounted on CM Pop Dots
  • Paw print Rubber Stamp:  Michael's
You can probably see why I fell in love with the LYB Splash line.  Details.  Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment