Monday, February 6, 2012

February Snow

Have ya heard?  We've been on National News for the past weekend.  Yup!  We're buried in snow.  More snow than we know what to do with.  Record breaking snow.  100-year-old-records were broken.  It started snowing here last Thursday evening around 6:00 p.m.  It snowed Thursday night.  It snowed all day Friday. It snowed Friday night.  It snowed Saturday morning.  We shoveled out Friday noonish and we shoveled out Saturday noonish...again!

Friday was definitely a snow day.  I do not save lives.  I am not a "necessary" employee.  I was not going anywhere.  No, I am not 10; but I do love a SNOW DAY!
  • Denver broke a single-day snowfall record on Friday with 12.5 inches of snow. The previous record was 9.5"on the same day in 1932.
  • Denver also broke the three-day snowfall record for February with 15.9". The previous record was 14.1" back in 1912.
Official snowfall totals for Denver are taken at Denver International Airport.  DIA is about 24 miles from my doorstep.  I live in a north/westernly Denver suburb.  We got way more than 15.9".

The purpose of this particular post, however, is to share some pictures I took over the weekend of Gracie (our darling one-year-old Mini Goldendoodle).  See, nobody told Gracie that much snow is horrific.  Awful.  Or, that it shuts down the City.  Dreadful.

Gracie
absolutely
loves
the
snow!


There are not words to describe the pure, utter joy of this dog romping in the snow. 

So now, she waits at the back door to be let out.  Once the door opens, off she goes to tear through 2' of snow as fast as her legs will allow then comes in with little snow balls stuck to her fur.  We towel-dry her, but those pesky little snowballs?  She chews them off, one by one, and then goes back to the door.  Sits.  Waits.  Does it all over again.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable...but I still do not miss the snow! lol I moved from NH back to SC several years ago. I miss the leaves changing colors...but the cold and the snow....never!

    ReplyDelete