Thursday, December 8, 2011

Oh, how I love pumpkin!

It's about time for a recipe, huh?  Been awhile.  Even though the calendar says December, we're technically still in the fall season.  I stocked up on canned pumpkin right before Thanksgiving (yea, Costco!).  I really should be thinking about sugar cookies, fudge, snickerdoodles, and peppermint cookies. There's still plenty of time, right?

See, I really do love to cook and love to bake.  (I love to eat, too; but I'll save that post for another time, eh?)  This, coupled with my love for pumpkin, equals:


Pumpkin Muffins Cupcakes!

Super easy.

Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix (any brand will do)
1 can pumpkin puree
1 t cinnamon
1/4 t ground cloves
1/4 t ground ginger
1/4 t ground nutmeg

Mix all together and fill your cupcake pan.  That's it!  I used paper cupcake liners (so easy).  You could also just grease & flour your pan.

Yum-O Topping:
1 stick softened butter
1 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar

Cut the butter into the flour & sugar (or use a pastry blender).  You want this to be a very crumbly consistency.

Generously top each of the batter-filled cups with a mound of topping and pat lightly.

Bake as directed for cupcakes (look for directions on the back of your yellow cakemix box).  I'm at high altitude and baked mine about 25 mins.  Yield:  18 muffins cupcakes

Cool.
&
then...

oh,
my,
heck!

Enjoy the yummy pumpkin goodness.  Warning:  they are a bit messy!  They are sublime with your favorite coffee drink or even better with a cold glass of milk.  Afternoon snack.  Or, breakfast!  Most times...Bill eats two (at a time).

Don't forget to share.

iphone testimonial (pardon the text-ease): 

"U better save me a couple more of those muffins.  Those darn things r incredible!"
-Eric, my 25-year-old son

No comments:

Post a Comment