To me, it is monumental. It marks the 20th year with the love of my life. My soul mate. My best friend. My man.
Yep. 20 years.
We are away for a little trip to celebrate our
As we are enjoying some well-needed time away, I've taken some time (pre-trip) to reflect on this big accomplishment. Twenty years is a long time. Our lives our full.
It's been quite a ride:
- Successfully blended two families (can you say stepchildren?)
- 120 birthday celebrations
- Thousands of miles traveled. Vacations both big and small.
- 16 Employers (most of them mine and a couple of them more than once)
- Raised 4 kids into adulthood (whew!)
- Worked together (in the same office) for 4 years
- Loved 4 dogs.
- A bird, some fish, and a couple of hamsters were also part of the family.
- Lost two parents
- Battled 1 major illness
- Sold a house...built a house
- Experienced 7,300 days of Bill's unique and entertaining sense of humor
- Enjoyed 10,512,000 minutes of happiness
In retrospect, twenty years is nothing. It has flown by in a wink of an eye. I feel very fortunate to have found a man that loves me unconditionally. A relationship I would not trade for another. A gem of a man unlike any I've met or known. A love that lasts.
Looking forward to the next 20 and what is to come. New experiences. Hand in hand.